Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Costume 2010: I am 8-Bit.

So, for Halloween this year, I thought it would be funny to create a huge version of my own head and wear it. Then I realized I had absolutely no idea how to do that. So instead, I decided to experiment and continue with my ongoing obsession with everything 8-Bit.

It's made out of: Insulation foam, joint compound, a cardboard box, glue, some gesso spray and acrylic paint. Pretty amateur stuff actually, and a really fun project. Took me about 2-3 weeks to finish. The tie was bought from ThinkGeek.com, and was a great finishing piece.

A ton more pictures after the jump!

(All photographs are courtesy of J. Nicosia Photography.)
















17 comments:

Florence Yuen said...

I have to say that this is absolutely amazing!! Makes me want to create my own 8-bit head! Great stuff.

Guillaume Deloizon said...

Great project, the final result looks fantastic.
Also, nice blog overall !

Unknown said...

Bravo, super, pouvez vous mettre les plans sur le site ? merci d'avance.

Allison said...

this looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Giant head costume? Maybe you can try it next year with this: http://testroete.com/index.php?location=head

Although, I really like the 8-bit idea (:

Justin Johnson said...

WOW. Just, WOW.

Dan Liuzzi said...

Thanks for the support and compliments, everyone!

Unknown said...

I am amazed and i am going to attempt to make my own... prob gonna have to make 2 for my gal too...

Thanks for the Inspiration

Sheva said...

Just remembering me the psycho in the Batman Begins by Christopher Nolan.


Lowest Unique Bid
Online Penny Auctions

Chomiliert said...

would it be possible to have a picture of the back i am trying to make one for myself ::D

NintendoLegend said...

... that is among the top 10 most awesome things I have seen this month -- and I'm constantly on the search for awesome stuff. A million bonus points to you, good sir.

Melissa said...

Ever consider putting in instructions on how to create this? Would love to do something like this for this year's halloween. Thanks :)

73120 said...

Hi!, I just wanted to show you some pics of our version of this awesome costume of yours, hope you don't mind but when I saw this I just had to do it. Although we used different materials we like the results, thanks for the inspiration and keep doing this great stuff!

http://flic.kr/p/aARqmL

Fancylooks said...

I just want to say WOW! YOU ARE GENIUS! Thanks for sharing

Bruno Nardini said...

Hi. I loved your work. I'm fom Brazil and I like to use your photo in my site, can I use?

Gujaro said...

can i have one like this i look nearly like the head too ^^

Kai's travels said...

Can you please share your template with me or do a tutorial.